Duplex Bb Euphonium - EP105 P
$1,830.60 USD USD was $2,034.00
10% off if you buy during the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday Sale.
Ends Monday. Where an instrument is not in stock at this time, you can still make use of the discount to reserve an instrument currently in production. Planned Delivery is indicated on this page and also detailed when you click on "Add to Basket".
Sorry, this item is currently sold out.
Your fully-refundable payment will reserve an instrument for you from the next available shipment, Silver/Gold finish expected into stock in April 2021
The first of its kind, and inspired by instruments not seen for over half a century, the ‘Duplex was once popular in America, with many pieces written specifically for it during the early 20th century.
The ‘Duplex’ has two bells; one similar to a regular Euphonium, and the second providing a Trombone-like tone. A particularly versatile instrument, the ‘Duplex’ is ideally suited for both playing solos, and covering multiple parts.
The switch between bells is made by the use of a 5th valve, whilst the second bell is removable, enabling it to be played as Euphonium when desired.
- Key: Bb (both bells)
- Bell: Euphonium 12” (300mm)
- Trombone 8½” (216mm)
- Valves: 4 compensated piston valves and bell switch piston valve
- Bore: valves 1-3 - 0.59” (15mm)
- 4th valve - 16.8mm (0.66”)
- Shank: Euphonium large shank
- Weight: 13lb (5.85kg)
- New exclusive Wessex design (First ever compensated Duplex)
- Trombone bell removal and stored inside euphonium bell for transporting
- Stainless steel valves for reliable operation
- Vented valves for smooth legato playing
- Gold brass euphonium bell
- Handmade in high-grade workshop